Lenght: 10 x 15 min
Years of Production: 2006-2008
Cameraman: Michael J. Sanderson
Ammonite Limited for cBBC
2008 March, cBBC (United Kingdom)
Do you ever wonder what it’s like to be a bug? Well, you’re about to find out! With the help of a startling new invention, The Translation Lens, which can actually translate the thoughts of small creatures into language we can understand.
The shocking truths of the world of Smalltalk Diaries include ants shooting acid, dragonflies that reach speeds over 50 kilometres per hour, bluebottle flies inflating their heads like balloons and spiders dressing up as flowers.
Over a series of 10 x 15 minute shows, Smalltalk Diaries visits Predators, Inventors, Parents, Decomposers, Travellers, Changelings, Pollinators, Entertainers, Weapons, and last but not least, the Unloved and Unwanted.
We’ll take you on a hilarious yet informative buzz among some of the worlds most outrageous characters as they go about their daily business - keeping our planet running.
Film Festival Nominations & Awards
- Winner: Best Series - Wildscreen Film Festival 2008, UK
- Winner: Best Innovation Award - Wildscreen Film Festival 2008, UK
- Nominated: Best Script - Wildscreen Film Festival 2008
- Winner: Best Live Action Award - Chicago International Children's Film Festival 2008, USA
- Winner: Children's Audience Award - Green Screen Naturfilmfestival 2009, Germany
- Winner: Best Short Film Award - Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival 2009, USA