Cinema & TV
2020 – Director – Wild Nature (working title), Ateles Films
More details tba. Release Date: Summer 2021
2020 – Producer – Spider Monkey for Sale, Ateles Films
This micro movie shows what is the true cost of wanting and owning a baby monkey for your own entertainment. If the last time that you saw a cute monkey video, you said ’I want one…’ then this might be for you.
More details here. Release Date: September 2020
2014-2020 – Producer – From Orphans to Freedom, Ateles Films
Following the lives of exotic animals that are rescued from the illegal pet trade in Guatemala.
In post-production. Release Date: 2020
2016-2019 – Producer/Director – A Wild Fox Life, Ateles Films
This blue chip natural history film follows a family of red foxes that lives in a beautiful place surrounded by herds of wild animals.
More details here. Release Date: 02 July 2019 (Japan); 26 December 2019 (France)
2017 – Location manager – Die Zeit der großen Katzen – Herrschaft (The Age of the Big Cats), Ateles Films for Ammonite Films for Terra Mater
Premiere Date: 26 September 2018 (Austria)
2016 – Camera Assistant/DMT – Mosquito, Discovery Channel
Broadcast Date: 06 July 2017 (Worldwide)
2014-2020 – Contributor to Online Archive Library
More details here.
2014-2016 – Co-Producer/Camera Assistant/ Editor Assistant/Sound – Return of the Spider Monkeys*, Ateles Films
This story follows the life of Infinity, a female spider monkey, and her group that are rescued from the illegal pet trade. This production shows all the steps that she goes through during her life at the rescue centre, the moment of her release and her life back in the jungle. This is a real story of what happens after release back into the wild without any human intervention. Michael Sanderson witnessed this in person. Release Date: 2016/2017 (Worldwide)
2014-2015 – Camera Assistant – Holland: Natuur in de Delta, EMS Films (for Cinema)
There is a Dutch proverb: ‘God created the world, the Dutch created Holland.’ Since millions of years, nature is the dominant force shaping the delta of Rhine and Meuse. A thousand years ago, humans began to play a role in the delta. They started building barriers and digging trenches. Through the centuries they imposed more and more structure. In past centuries, the Dutch culture was shaped by the struggle against water. In recent time, nature is no longer considered an enemy. At more and more places, space is created for a fruitful collaboration with nature. After centuries, the eagle is back. A wave of new life washes over the delta. This film is the second installment in a trilogy of nature documentaries aimed at the rediscovery of the Netherlands. See more details here.
Release Date: 24 September 2015 (Netherlands)
2015 – Camera Assistant/Thanks – Natural World: Jungle Animal Hospital, BBC Natural History Unit & PBS
The Ateles Films team, provided the natural history images and high end pretties.
Broadcast Date: 14 April 2016, BBC 2 (United Kingdom)
2014-2015 – Camera Assistant/Sound/ Producer Manager/Assistant Editor – Barbary Macaques: Childcaring is the man’s job*, NHK Japan
A 59min film following the life cycle of the Barbary Macaques in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains. This film was filmed, produced and edited by Ateles Films. Japanese and international are available. Broadcast Date: 2nd March 2015 (Japan)
2014-2017 – Assistant Camera (Aerials & Ground) – Natuurbeelden, Beeld & Geluid
Natuurbeelden is an audiovisual projects of The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision. The institute manages over 70 percent of the Dutch audiovisual heritage. The collection contains more than a million hours of television, radio, music and film from the beginning in 1898 until today. The institute has one of the largest audiovisual archives in Europe and is a cultural-historical organization of national interest that contribute for the development and dissemination of knowledge in the area of audiovisual archiving, digitization and media history.
*This production is being distributed and broadcast worldwide.
Seminars & Festivals
- Judge for “tba” category, The International Wildlife Film Festival GREEN SCREEN, 2021, Eckernförde, Germany
- Pre-selector for “Wildscreen Official Selection”, Wildscreen Festival, 2020, United Kingdom
- Preliminary Judge for “Ecosystem” category, Jackson Wild, 2020, Austria & United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “General” Round 1 & 2, 2020 World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Biodiversity, organized by Jackson Wild, CITES, UNDP, CBD and UNEP, March 2020, New York, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Special Consideration” and “Science in Nature” categories, Jackson Wild Summit, September 2019, Jackson WY, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Technology & Innovation” category, Science Media Award & Summit, 2018, Boston, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Educational/Institute” category, Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival, September 2017, Jackson WY, United States of America
- Speaker at “International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing (SIM 2011)”, July 2011, Leiria, Portugal
- Organizing Committee at “6th International Conference on Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping (VRAP)”, October 2011, Leiria, Portugal
- Organizing Committee at “International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing (SIM 2011)”, July 2011, Leiria, Portugal
Books & Scientific Publications
- (2017) Picture: De Kat in De Wilde Stad. Netherlands: EMS Films, Ignas van Schaick. ISBN: 9789047625094
- (2011) Conference Paper: “A Ecodesign Tool for Sustainable manufacturing”. Portugal: IST Press. ISBN: 978-989-8481-03-0
- (2011) Book Cover: Proceedings of SIM 2011: International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing. Portugal: IST Press. ISBN: 978-989-8481-03-0
- (2012) Conference Paper No. ESDA2012-82764: “Engineering Systems Design and Analysis”, France. ISBN: 978-0-7918-4487-8
- (2008) Mention: Alburitel – A Terra e o Povo. Portugal. David Simoes Rodrigues. ISBN: 972-95519-1-X
2020 World Wildlife Day at the UNITED NATIONS/CITES/JACKSONWILD Film Showcase: Biodiversity (USA): Honorable Mention: Micro Movie – Spider Monkey for Sale
2017 Finisterra VI Arrabida Film Art & Tourism Festival (Portugal): Best Cinematography (1st), Best Documentary (2nd), Best Wildlife & Nature tourism (3rd) – Return of the Spider Monkeys