Ana Luisa Santos
(currently being updated)
2022: Producer & Cinematographer – Byte Force, Ateles Films
2022: Producer & Cinematographer – Wild Adaptation, Ateles Films
2021-2022: Producer – Wild Dunes, Ateles Films (tba)
2021-2022: Producer – A Fox tale – Adventures in Netherlands, Ateles Films (tba)
2014-2022: Co-Producer – From Orphans to Freedom (Endangered Species & Pet Trade), Ateles Films – Guatemala
2020-2021 – Producer/Cinematographer/Editor – Hidden Nature of Holland - Fox and Rabbit: Battle on the Sandy Land , Ateles Films for NHK Japan
A 59 min blue chip natural history film that reveals the wildlife that lives in the coastal area of the Netherlands. Japanese Title:「知られざるオランダの自然 キツネとウサギ 砂の大地の攻防」
Premiere Date: 27 September 2021 (Japan)
2020 – Producer – Spider Monkey for Sale, Ateles Films
This micro movie shows what is the true cost of wanting and owning a baby monkey as a pet.
Festival release date: 18 September 2020 (Portugal); October 2020 (Germany)
2020 – Director/Cinematographer/Writer – Füchse - Eine wilde Geschichte, Ateles Films for Terra Mater
A 48 min blue chip natural history film that follows red foxes that live in a beautiful place surrounded by herds of wild animals.
Broadcast date: 09 September 2020 (Austria)
2019 – Director/Cinematographer/Editor – NHK Wildlife: Dutch Reclaimed Land: Fox hunts Greylag goose, Ateles Films for NHK
A 59 min blue chip natural history film that follows red foxes and other wild animals that live in Oostvaaardersplassen, in The Netherlands.
Broadcast date: 02 July 2019 (Japan)
2016-2019 – Director/Producer/Cinematographer/Editor/Writer – Une Vie de Renarde, Ateles Films for France Televisions
A 90 min blue chip natural history film that follows a family of red foxes that lives in a beautiful place surrounded by herds of wild animals.
Broadcast date: 26 December 2019 (France)
2018 – Camera Assistant – #hetzitmenietlekker Mondiaal FNV, Ateles Films for Makmende
This campaign is about the promotion of fair fashion revealing the reality of the employees of jeans factory in Bangladesh.
Festival date: 12 October 2018 (Netherlands)
2018 – Camera Operator – Booking.com CARES FUNDS, Ateles Films for Makmende
This campaign promoted sustainable tourism in the tourism business partners of the Booking platform across the globe.
Release date: 03 May 2018 (Netherlands)
2018 – Camera Assistant – PwC & Circularity in the business, Ateles Films for Makmende
This campaign promoted the circularity within the PwC company and its staff around the globe.
Release date: 24 April 2018 (Netherlands)
2018 – Camera Assistant – ABN Amro & Circularity in the business, Ateles Films for Makmende
This campaign promoted the circularity and sustainable use of coffee as an example of good practices of the staff.
Release date: 25 February 2018 (Netherlands)
2017 – Camera Assistant/Production Manager – Darwin's Amazing Animals: Ample Babysitters, NHK Channel 1
A 28min film following the Barbary Macaques in Morocco's Atlas Mountains.
Premiere date: 27 August 2017 (Japan), 29 December 2018 (NHK World)
2016-2017 – Co-Producer/ Production Manager/Cinematographer/Editor – Pyrenees Mountain, Ateles Films for NHK Japan
A 59 min blue chip natural history and conservation film that shows the life of the lammergeier, one of the most endangered bird, in Europe and all the effort made to save it from extinction.
Broadcast date: 07 August 2017 (Japan)
2017 – Location manager – Age of the Big Cats – World Domination, Ateles Films for Ammonite Films/Terra Mater/Curiosity Stream
This episode explores the era of world domination of big cats focusing on lions, tigers and the extinct saber-tooth.
Broadcast date: 26 September 2018 (Austria)/ 01 September 2018 (USA)
2016-2018 – Camera Assistant/Herself – De Wilde Stad/Wild Amsterdam, EMS Films
A 85 min cinema wildlife feature film that explores one of Europe’s most vibrant and dynamic cities through the eyes of its wilder inhabitants.
Cinema release date: 01 March 2018 (Netherlands)
2016 – Camera Assistant/DMT – Mosquito, Ateles Films for Yap Films/Discovery Channel
This documentary educates those who are unaware of the dangers posed by mosquitos worldwide.
Broadcast date: 06 July 2017 (Worldwide)
2014-2016 – Co-Producer/Camera Assistant/ Editor Assistant/Sound – Return of the Spider Monkeys, Ateles Films for Nat Geo Wild/Arte
A 50 min documentary that follows the life of Infinity, a female spider monkey, showing all steps that she goes through from the moment she was rescued from the illegal pet trade in Guatemala until the moment she was released and living back in the jungle without any human intervention.
Broadcast date: 14 December 2016 (France/Germany); 07 May 2017 (Worldwide)
2014-2015 – Camera Assistant – Holland: Natuur in de Delta, EMS Films
A 96 min cinema feature film that explores the life cycle of multiple wild animals in the by-humans created Delta of Rhine and Meuse in The Netherlands.
Cinema release date: 24 September 2015 (Netherlands)
2015 – Camera Assistant/Thanks – Natural World: Jungle Animal Hospital, BBC Natural History Unit/PBS
This documentary shows the work of a team of vets at a jungle animal hospital in Guatemala.
Broadcast date: 14 April 2016, BBC 2 (United Kingdom)
2014 – Drone Engineer – Planet Earth II: Jungles, Ateles Films for BBC Natural History Unit (uncredited)
Ana Luisa Santos co-built Ateles Films 4K Coptercam to be used on BBC's landmark series Planet Earth II for the Jungles episode.
Broadcast date: 14 April 2016, BBC 2 (United Kingdom)
2014-2015 – Camera Assistant/Sound/ Producer Manager/Assistant Editor – Barbary Macaques: Childcaring is the man’s job, Ateles Films for NHK Japan
A 59 min film following the life cycle of North Africa’s only monkey species, the Barbary Macaques, in Atlas Mountains of Morocco during all seasons.
Broadcast date: 02 March 2015 (Japan)
2014-Present – Camera Operator to Online Stock Footage Libraries
Active contributor for several audio and visual online stock content libraries including Pond 5
2014-2017 – Camera Operator (Aerials & Ground) – Natuurbeelden, Beeld & Geluid, The Netherlands and The Dutch Caribbean
An audio visual project filmed in 12 locations in The Netherlands, Bonaire and Curacao for The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision
Wildlife Festivals Judging
- Preliminary Judge for “Writing” & "Short films" categories, Jackson Wild Summit, September 2022, Austria
- Pre-selector for "Wildscreen Official Selection", Wildscreen Festival, 2022, United Kingdom
- Judge for 2022 World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Recovering Species, organized by Jackson Wild, CITES, UNDP, CBD and UNEP, March 2022, New York, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Animal Behaviour - Long form” category, Jackson Wild Summit, September 2021, Jackson WY, United States of America
- Final Judge for “Short films for Adults” and “Short films for Kids” categories, The International Wildlife Film Festival GREEN SCREEN, 2021, Eckernförde, Germany
- Final Judge for “People & Forest: Long form” and “People & Forest: Short form”, 2021 World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Forests, organized by Jackson Wild, CITES, UNDP, CBD and UNEP, March 2021, New York, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for 2021 World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Forests, organized by Jackson Wild, CITES, UNDP, CBD and UNEP, March 2021, New York, United States of America
- Pre-selector for “Wildscreen Official Selection”, Wildscreen Festival, 2020, United Kingdom
- Preliminary Judge for “Ecosystem” category, Jackson Wild, 2020, Austria & United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “General” Round 1 & 2, 2020 World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Biodiversity, organized by Jackson Wild, CITES, UNDP, CBD and UNEP, March 2020, New York, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Special Consideration” and “Science in Nature” categories, Jackson Wild Summit, September 2019, Jackson WY, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Technology & Innovation” category, Science Media Award & Summit, 2018, Boston, United States of America
- Preliminary Judge for “Educational/Institute” category, Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival, September 2017, Jackson WY, United States of America
Books & Scientific Publications
- (2017) Picture: De Kat in De Wilde Stad. Netherlands: EMS Films, Ignas van Schaick. ISBN: 9789047625094
- (2012) Conference Paper No. ESDA2012-82764: “Engineering Systems Design and Analysis”, France. ISBN: 978-0-7918-4487-8
- (2011) Book Cover: Proceedings of SIM 2011: International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing. Portugal: IST Press. ISBN: 978-989-8481-03-0
- (2011) Conference Paper: “A Ecodesign Tool for Sustainable manufacturing”. Portugal: IST Press. ISBN: 978-989-8481-03-0
- (2011) Speaker at “SIM 2011 – International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing“, Portugal
- (2008) Mention: Alburitel – A Terra e o Povo. Portugal. David Simoes Rodrigues. ISBN: 972-95519-1-X
- (2022) Volunteer, Jackson Wild Summit, Austria
- (2022) Administration Team, PWFF – Pridelands Wildlife Film Festival, Kenya
- (2013) Youth Exchange “Intaracción” – Disability action plan Program, EU Youth in Action Program, Spain
- (2013) Liaison Officer for FC Zurich Frauen Team (Switzerland), UEFA – Women’s Champions League, Portugal
- (2013) European Voluntary Service, Gençlik Organizasyonları Merkezi (Youth Organization Centre), Turkey
- (2011) Organizing Committee at “VRAP 2011 – 6th International Conference on Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping“, Portugal
- (2011) Organizing Committee at “SIM 2011 – International Conference on Sustainable Intelligent Manufacturing“, Portugal
- (2007) Student Representative, Pedagogical Council - School of Technology and Management of Leiria, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
- 2022 Vaasa Wildlife Film Festival, Winner - Short Film, Finland - Spider Monkey for Sale
- 2021 International Nature Namur Festival, WINNER - Best Ultra-Short Film Competition, Belgium - Spider Monkey for Sale
- 2020 World Wildlife Day at the UNITED NATIONS/CITES/JACKSONWILD Film Showcase: Biodiversity (USA): Honorable Mention: Micro Movie – Spider Monkey for Sale
- 2017 Special Mention Award – 16th Baikal International Festival of Documentary and Popular-Science Films (Russia) – Return of the Spider Monkeys aka Saving Infinity ZA SHANS SPASENIA MIRRRA (WORLD)
- 2017 Finisterra VI Arrabida Fil Art & Tourism Festival – Best Cinematography (1st), Best Documentary (2nd), Best Wildlife & Nature tourism (3rd) – Return of the Spider Monkeys
- 2016 International Green Culture Festival “Green Fest”, (Serbia) - Official Selection for 'Best Nature Film', – Return of the Spider Monkeys
*List not updated